This section describes properties that are common to all widgets that can display text.
Formatted text elements may be single or
multi-line(multiline text was deprecated and is not working in current KUIML versions. Custom implementations are possible using refloat or CANVAS).
- The font, text decoration & color properties are by default inherited from the parent cell. It can be overridden for this particular text cell.
- The total element size is by default automatically computed, taking the font and selected text to display into account. But the size can be forced (use the cell width & height attributes).
Attributes brief detailed show all inherited
Display a simple single line text field with inherited font properties: the first line inherits from the global skin settings, and the second one from the global + cell settings.
- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <SKIN background_color="#000000" margin="15" spacing="4" font_face="Tahoma" font_size="16" text_color="#ffffff">
- <TEXT value="I'm here to say..." />
- <ROW font_size="25" spacing="5" text_color="#AAFF00">
- <TEXT value="Hello" text_color="#00AAFF" />
- <TEXT value="World!" />
Note About Special Characters
In order to display special characters you need to use their HTML codes, as the XML norm specifies it. See http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html for special character codes reference.